1st advent manicure

. Monday, November 30, 2009

yesterday it was the first sunday in advent-time. in austria (and other european countries) the 4 sundays before christmas are called advent sundays and are celebrated by lighting candles on an advent wreath, decorated with evergreens and bows. it’s like the countdown to christmas. I don’t know, if the four weeks before christmas are celebrated like this in other countries.
well, this year I didn’t tie a wreath, mostly because my daughter would break it within 10 minutes and burn her little fingers on the candles. but I did a special manicure.
I found a napkin just perfect for holiday nailart, it has these very small images which fit perfectly on the nail. and it’s much easier to apply just a small piece of napkin instead of covering the whole nail.
 1adventnapkin
I applied 2 coats of alessandro 295, which is a cool-toned gold, and 1 coat of 297, which is a cool gold glitter. for this manicure I chose the holly designs and applied them by using the napkin decoupage technique. on the middle finger I stuck on the 3d artpieces I created with the mold I got at nailart und mehr.
 1advent4
 1advent2
 
1advent31advent1
I love the look of the 3d artpieces, but I have to admit that it’s not for everyday use. but if you are going to a christmasparty it’s the perfect nailart ;-)

the reason why I’m not posting so many posts lately is that my dad is in hospital. he had a surgery and got a hip prothesis. the problem is, that he is suffering from dementia and someone has to go there every day to look after him, as the nurses aren’t very dedicated. so I’m there quite often. but he’s coming home soon.

13 readers thoughts:

Lilly said...

das sieht echt superschön aus, da kommt man fast in weihnachtsstimmung (ich gestehe: ich bin ein weihnachtsmuffel)
greetz, lilly

ThRiSzHa said...

ohh yeh we also celebrate this advent season in the Philippines...
oh i would love to do an advent mani..as always u have a very fresh and creative nail designs...
btw.. hope ur dad will get well soon..keep safe sweety!!

Inbal said...

so beautiful! it's fun to decoupage your own decals :-) and they look great! so christmasy :-)

Chinda-chan said...

Oh, das mit deinem Vater tut mir leid. *troest*

Wo hast du denn die tolle Servette her? Die ist ja super-süß!

loungie said...

die hab ich beim sewa gekauft.

the-swatchaholic said...

Beautiful manicure!

I am so sorry about your dad! :( I hope he will get well soon.

Lavender said...

Oh my goodness, this is super nice for christmas. U are a genius!

amusedPolish said...

schaut wirklich toll aus- wollt auch schon fragen, wo du die servietten her hast ^^

Nessa said...

Very cute, I really like this.

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he's doing OK now.

Unknown said...

The mani is adorable!

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad! ((hugs and healing thoughts))

loungie said...

thank you all, that's very sweet!

Chinda-chan said...

Danke, dort muss ich mal schauen. :-)

MAida said...

Your manicure is lovely, you had a great idea! In Portugal we do not celebrate like that :( we only celebrate the night before Christmas and the Christmas day.

Hope your dad gets better as sooner as possible.

Kisses

About Me

My Photo
loungie
contact: polishlounge@yahoo.de
View my complete profile

search this blog

free coupons

free shipping @ ocnailart.com

free international shipping on orders over $40
http://www.ocnailart.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------

-10% @ nailart-und-mehr.de

-10% on your frist order http://www.nailart-und-mehr.de/ enter code loungie
non-european customers can order by
mail


follow

subscribe

Follow polish lounge Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner