rbl scrangie

. Tuesday, January 19, 2010

 

I was really curious to see this one in person. this shade was created by scrangie, a fellow blogger. scrangie’s intention was to create a polish that mimics a beetle’s wings.

scrangie

scrangie is a redtoned purple base with a green iridescent shimmer. I know scrangie describes it as bluetoned, but you will see on my pics that it’s rather redtoned (to me). however the polish looks a bit different on my pics than on hers. and on my nails it looks like on my pictures. maybe she applied more than 2 coats, or maybe the formula is different (which I don’t think).

scrangie2

scrangie3 

I really like this shade. it’s very unique and beautiful. but – I don’t like the formula. it’s very thin and blotchy. the first time I applied it, 2 days ago, I used my poshe quick drying tc. this is how it looked 2hrs later:

scrangie4

you see the shrinkage? even worse next morning:

scrangie5

as much as I like this color, it’s a no-go that I can’t use my fast drying tc on it, because being a mum of a 1 year old means, you really don’t have the time to wait some hours for your polish to get dry.

I’m not sure if the polish still is available, because it was part of a limited blogger edition.

1 readers thoughts:

kampfhamster said...

Was für eine tolle Farbe. Sowas habe ich schon lange gesucht. Muss ich haben!!! :-)
LG

About Me

My Photo
loungie
contact: polishlounge@yahoo.de
View my complete profile

search this blog

free coupons

free shipping @ ocnailart.com

free international shipping on orders over $40
http://www.ocnailart.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------

-10% @ nailart-und-mehr.de

-10% on your frist order http://www.nailart-und-mehr.de/ enter code loungie
non-european customers can order by
mail


follow

subscribe

Follow polish lounge Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner